Monday 19 November 2012

Taking back my Life - Preseason Tasks - 12WBT

This Quote says it all - To Me...  <3
I have been on a weight loss challenge my ENTIRE life,  I even look back at photos and wonder why I was trying to lose weight, as I don't look that big in the photos.. Its always been a mind battle with me and also a love battle.. Love myself battle.

I joined like minded ladies on Michelle Bridges -12 Week Body Transformation, she gave us 8 preseason tasks that we must complete prior to starting Week 1. Here they are:

1. Get Real - No More Excuses -   I Have a lot of excuses it would seem ranging from,Its raining, I'm buggered after working all day, I start work at 6.30am,  I hate getting ready at work, I go red after exercising, I'm to unfit, I just don't want to today, I'll do it tomorrow, I will start again tomorrow, Missing a day wont matter,  don't look good in Lycra, What will people think? What if I cant do it., Whats the point? I never lose weight?, I'm happy as I am right? NO! One burger and chips wont hurt? What if everyone runs past me or laps me? Ill be embarrassed.
This is my solution to ALL of those EXCUSES -  I have noticed you have a motto or the 12WBT do.  JFDI!!! I also have one HTFU - Harden the F*%k Up.
I made this one up listening to you speak - WWMBD - What would Michelle Bridges do?  I think this is the one that I am going to use ALL the time.. If I want that packet of chips - WWMBD - she would grab her shoes and go for a run.  This is going to by my SOLUTION for all excuses.. WWMBD!!


2. Set your Goals -  What are your GOALS for the next 3, 6, 9 and 12 months and beyond.

Here are my goals for the rest of my life... 
 


3 Gear up -  My training program will consist of six days per week of exercise: For my Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Lean and Fit, you will be doing;
  • 3 days of Fitness
  • 2 days of Toning
  • 1 day of light fitness, core and stretch 
\
I will be aiming for doing two x Boot camp sessions a week, One Boxing session and the rest in the gym or 5km Park runs...


4 Say it out loud (and Proud) -  This is my commitment to myself, my body, my mind, my soul, my family and friends, Michelle Bridges and 12WBT.

My Commitments are 1. To follow the 12WBT eating and exercise plan 2. To love myself during this whole life changing challenge - through losses, gains and plateaus (if any) 3. To support myself with no self sabotaging or cheating and to support my fellow 12WBT through the next 12 weeks and most of all 4. TO ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE, to have FUN, to LAUGH, to LIVE and to LOVE the new me.....


5. Kitchen Makeover -  Clean out your pantry- Bring your rubbish bin into the middle of the room, open the cupboards and be ruthless! Follow the list below to know what to keep and what to toss.  I took this challenge to a WHOLE new level.  I have had the crappiest cheapest Pantry for 7 years, since I brought my house, I just needed something at the time, and its stayed, well once I read this challenge I did the following:

Pantry BEFORE...

Pantry - AFTER

The Space from where the Pantry used to be after I ripped it apart.
So then my kitchen looked like a BOMB  had hit it, there was stuff everywhere, but it made me clean out all the cupboards and really sort out my food. Now this is what my new pantry looks like.
Full of Healthy 12WBT Food.
6. Organise and Diarise - In this task Grab your diary and identify all of the ‘red flags’ - holidays, functions and commitments - that may disrupt your routine. Plan at least one month, ideally three months and enter all of your workouts for the month.  Here is mine below:

Me being Organised and Awesome :P

7. Fitness Test - Every 4 weeks, I will do a Fitness Test to see how I am improving in fitness, mind, strength and flexibility.

Week 1 - 17/11/12 

Part 1: 1km Time Trial - 8.18minutes

Part 2: The Pushup Test - 21 on knees - 0 on toes

Part 3: Abdominal Strength Test - Level 1

Part 4: Wall Sit - 1min 15 seconds.

Part 5: Sit and Reach Test- +2cm.


8. Measure Up - Take your measurements as follows

Date Done - 17/11/12
  • Chest: 122cm
  • Waist: BB - 133cm and Mid Waist - 108cm
  • Hips: 136cm
  • Thighs: R - 76cm  L - 76cm
  • Arms:. R - 41cm  L - 41cm
I will also be taking my measurements every 4 weeks and will note them in my next blog which will be ALL My results as I go through each week - including Cals burned every day exercising.. I am becoming accountable. (for me)...

That is the end of my Preseason tasks and I am currently on Day 2 of the program, I will update weekly on my days, ups and downs(hopefully not many) to keep myself accountable but also just to spill my guts, writing it down helps me deal with whatever is going on....

Will leave you with this fantastic quote from Jennifer Aniston, I am believing this quote more and more each day.. Its amazing...



Live.... Laugh... Love...

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment