Thursday 7 February 2013

Self-Pity time is over.. Back to it Ange.....

Firstly welcome to the year of 2013 - Its going to be a cracker of a year!!!!!  Now apologies,  I have been very slack lately, Ok I wouldn’t call it slack, but low motivation to do anything the last month, this is why for Christmas and NYE I surprised my beautiful best friend in New York City – Yes you read correctly New York City – I had planned this trip prior to joining the 12WBT Round 4 challenge-  in the time between starting and flying to NYC I lost 7.5kg I was on a role, I loved the program, loved the food, love the exercise, loved the boot camps, ok you get me I loved it...  I was stoked, I was losing weight, and I didn’t feel like I was on a diet (that word just so you know is no longer in my vocabulary..) I’m on a lifestyle change :D – ok I’m off topic already.. FOCUS ANGELA!!! Ha  ha :P Where was I, I arrived in NYC on the 20th Dec and for the next 16 days I was in heaven of awesomeness,  it was amazing, we had great food, walked everywhere, caught trains and yellow taxis, handsome carriage rides through Central Park,  Snow Adventure days upstate New York, danced on Coyote Ugly bars, Cable car rides, Markets, drank, went to Swanky NYC clubs and was Merry... I didn’t put on any weight over that time, matter of fact I lost it...  Oh I forgot to mention IT WAS COLD, I have attached a couple of pics of the Awesomeness that was NYC.....  So when we walk 5-8km a day our bodies were trying to stay warm hence they were burning all day....  Here are some Photos from NYC...

I arrived back home on the 4th Jan – now from then to now is when I faltered... I left minus temps to arrive at 6am in the morning to 34deg, It was hot and I felt like doing nothing, which I proceeded to do for the next 4 weeks – ok that’s a lie I did Tom Laws Challenge which I ended up getting my knees drained – will explain further on ....  I didn’t feel like eating and when I did it was take out or crap food... Why Angela why would you do this?  You got a taste of the weight loss you are 7.5kg lighter, now you’re sabotaging yourself for no apparent reason....  Then I realised I had fallen back into old habits,  I was feeling crap because I wasn’t exercising but feeling unmotivated to exercise, that’s when a couple of people asked me if I was going to do Round 1, to be honest with you I was just going to redo Round 4 by myself as I printed the recipes that I liked and thought piece of cake I can do this.. But I realised I need MB I need her support and her great exercise programs... and all the forums and lovely ladies and gents you meet along the way....  Support was what they were giving me, I wouldn’t get that doing this alone.....
I had a ‘light bulb’ moment, I know what I want and I know the tools I need to do this – why am I not committing to this...  then I flashbacked through photos of the Tom Law challenge and realised I NEED TO LOSE weight, yes I do all these events, doesn’t mean I’m super fit and healthy.
The Toms Law Challenge was a Kokoda Grunt style obstacle course, now even though I had done Warrior Dash before; this was a little PT/Obstacle Course that went for 3 hours... We jumped ran/ok walked up hills carrying people on a stretchers, ran through fields, climbed rope towers (some made it over), ran over logs, tyres, through tunnels, down slides, through dams (fully clothed), swimming jumping in and out of the pool, running, sprints, sit ups, squats, I’m going to stop now.. :P  The photos I attached are ones that shocked me, then there are a couple showing me looking strong and awesome...  and then there is me after my knees got drained at the Emergency Room.. ha ha (don’t be shocked, this is a common occurrence for me on my right knee ) I had a Arthroscopy on it years ago and it just never bounced back) however I baby it so put all the pressure on my left knee and well after the hill walk up Heartbreak hill whilst carrying a person on a stretcher I kind of pushed my knee a little much and they both blew up on me, I knew it had happened as the pain was getting unbearable towards the end but I soldiered on...  (Please note I RICE’d them and all was well after the drainage and rest (No exercise )for a week that turned into 4 ha ha ha... ok so not funny!! )

One of the photos that made me realise I NEED to lose weght- Yes Im saturated from the Dam NO EXCUSE!!!

Photo 2 of Need to lose weight....

MY STONG PHOTO!!!

Photo 3 - Need to Lose Weight....
My knees after Draining.

I have fat I can see on my body that needs to go I would hate to know what strain its putting on my organs.. I’m assuming they are not enjoying themselves.. So I committed myself to MB program for as many rounds as I need to do to get me to where I want to be.....  I am doing this for my ORGANS, my Organs are what keep me alive, if they shut down I shut down...  I am doing this for my health, both inside and out, I am doing this to look FREAKIN HOT AS so when I walk down a street people turn their heads to check me out – YES I SAID PEOPLE, I want everyone to turn around to check out the Toned hot little chicky that walked past them.....
After my commitment to the cause I decided to go to Big W and shout myself some new workout wear, and guess what I’m in a size 16 and its not tight.. My goal is Size 12 so I am NOT that far away, this brought a MASSIVE smile to my face, the lady actually came up to see if everything was ok because I was in there for so  long – YES I was taking selfies of me and my workout wear, although being that I was taken them so quickly they are ALL blurry, but here are some when I got home and excitedly tried them on again.. I am also wearing short shorts in these pics, I never thought I could wear short shorts, no one needs to see my legs I always thought, but last year a Gorgeous friend told me that I had good legs and that I needed to stop covering them up with tights under dresses, I always thought my legs were horrific to the eye, but alas that was all in my head and now I show my legs off proudly whenever I can... (ok some days I don’t as I still have fat days and wear maxi dresses to cover up...)

No more Excuses - I can and will lose the weight...

I can wear short shorts - I just have to keep working for it...

So the program starts on Monday and I loved that its starts on 11/2/13 – I love that 11+2=13... :P  What a great day to start on....  I have my plan, I have worked out my shopping list and I’m doing it all tonight, This is what my new day looks like (from Monday 11/2/13),
 I used to have all these great plans and very rarely did I follow them you know why? Because I know I don’t like early morning workouts and just because I wrote it down, was someone magically going to appear at my door at 4.30am to wake me up put on my workout clothes and get me out NO – I work from 6.30-4pm so I am up at 5am to get ready and out my door before 6am to get to work on time, I enjoy the afternoon workout as I don’t care who sees me hot and sweaty on the train but that’s a different story if I am beetroot head at work for 3 hours whilst I cool down.....   I am adding a lunchtime walk to my day – for two reasons one because I very rarely leave my desk during the day (yes I eat lunch at my desk) and two its going to be VERY beneficial for my health and emotional well being, the sun, fresh air, walking all good things :o)
 
Selfie taken today at Work. 8/2/13

I can see the change in my shoulders and waist  - Just have to continue in the right direction..



I brought this beautiful Teal SIZE 16 dress from Rockmans to wear to the Finale, Unfortunately I didnt get a ticket as my Dads birthday was on this night, however its since been moved, HOWEVER the dress fits me and looks fab.. I will wear it to an event on the 1st March and yes I will update you all with a pic.. :D





I want to end this post with a HUGE Thankyou for all of my friends that have encouraged me to get back into it, both the program, You guys letting me know you love, reading my blog, made me smile!!!
I can do ths,  I will get there and I will strutt my stuff down any street from today and own it.. Because I am awesome as of right at this moment, but I will only get more Awesome as the year progresses..

2013 a year of Love, Happiness, Healthiness and Strutting.

Live... Laugh... Love..

Ange xoxox

1 comment:

  1. 2013 is your year. Going to be fun to see it all happen. Keep blogging warts and all :)

    ReplyDelete